Prep Time: 5 minutes • Bake Time: 20 minutes
This recipe is one of my weekday dinner secrets that I absolutely must share! The combination of honey and mustard with fresh chopped dill gives the glaze on this salmon a restaurant-quality flavor using only a handful of ingredients. As a working mother, simplicity is simply a must and with only five minutes of prep time, you don’t get any easier than this… at least not with results that taste THIS good! Serve with roasted veggies, and ½ cup cooked brown rice.
Makes 4 Dinner Portions
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons honey
Juice of 1 lemon
2 teaspoons fresh chopped dill
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 (4-ounce) salmon fillets
Nonstick cooking spray
1. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the Dijon mustard, honey, lemon juice, dill, salt, and pepper to create a glaze.
2. Place the salmon fillets in the glaze and toss until evenly coated. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to marinate.
3. Preheat the oven to 400°F and spray a sheet pan with nonstick cooking spray.
4. Place the marinated salmon fillets on the sheet pan and drizzle any remaining glaze over top.
5. Bake for 15–20 minutes, just until the thickest fillet flakes with a fork.
Helpful Tip: You can also use this exact same method and glaze recipe to prepare 4 (6-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts by simply increasing the bake time to 20–25 minutes. Each chicken breast will contain 280 calories.
Recommended Serving: DINNER – 200 Calories
Nutritionist, cookbook author, and product development expert Mona Dolgov lives her lifelong mission of creating healthier food products, recipes and inventing simple culinary tricks to easily create practical and healthier lifestyles. She has authored and published over 20 cookbooks for kitchen appliances, health and wellness products and grocery retailers, focused on simplicity and using nutritious ingredients.
She recently co-authored The Perfect Portion Cookbook a 5-star rated cookbook (with Hollywood star Anson Willams) that makes American classics healthier and guides consumers to healthier portion control. This book (and Mona) was featured on the Today Show, The Doctors, Huffington Post, and on several talk shows throughout the United States.
Mona is President of You Live Right LLC, helping corporate partners and individuals create relevant and fun nutrition, food and recipe content to create healthier lifestyles.