This large roast is actually easy to prepare! I’ve created a special coating with salt, pepper, fresh rosemary, and garlic for winning savory depth. Plus, rosemary has aphrodisiacal powers, increasing alertness, pleasure and desire! If you want to go for a smaller cut of meat, simply use the spice blend as a coating (reduce proportionately). And watch the magic happen.
Prep Time: 15 minutes • Bake Time: 30 minutes
Serves 8 (300 cal/serving)
1 (3-pound) center-cut beef tenderloin roast
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons minced garlic
6 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Season the tenderloin roast on all sides with the salt, pepper, and dried rosemary.
- Place the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the seasoned roast to the skillet and brown on all sides. Transfer the browned roast to a roasting pan.
- Spread the minced garlic over the top of the roast and press three sprigs of rosemary over the top. Tuck the remaining three sprigs of rosemary underneath the roast.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 130°F for medium-rare, 140°F for medium, or 150°F for well-done.
- Discard rosemary sprigs and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving drizzled with juices from the roasting pan.
Nutritionist, cookbook author, publisher and health and wellness entrepreneur Mona Dolgov lives her lifelong mission of creating healthier food products, recipes and inventing simple culinary tricks to easily create practical and healthier lifestyles. She is President of You Live Right, LLC, where she has authored and published over 20 cookbooks for top-selling kitchen appliances, health and wellness products and grocery retailers, focused on simplicity and using nutritious ingredients. She also is a private nutritional coach, offers educational and fun dinner classes at Mona’s Kitchen, and is a speaker on nutritional well-being. Plus, she is very excited about launching Cook U. Follow Mona on Facebook or Instagram @monadolgov
She recently co-authored The Perfect Portion Cookbook, a 5-star rated cookbook (with Hollywood star Anson Willams) that makes American classics healthier and guides consumers to healthier portion control. This book (and Mona) was featured on the Today Show, The Doctors, and The Huffington Post. Learn more at www.theperfectportion.com
She is completing her second cookbook, Satisfy, that will be launched in 2020, focused on simple nutritionally balanced meals all 500 calories or less with real ingredients and real portions. All of the recipes are gluten-free.